Follow Her on Twitter Here
We all know Instagram is growing like crazy, but it’s not all just tweens and Katy Perry fans. Use Instagram for business the right way and you’ll discover it’s a great place to to not only increase your brand presence, but actually get your ideal clients to buy. Not just once, but over and over again.
We talk a lot about how social networks have their own vibe, and Instagram is no different. It’s more than just a repurposed Pinterest or an extension of Facebook. Instagram is a more playful environment, encouraging you to post what’s on your mind at that moment.
Just like you put a different emphasis on a Twitter post vs. a blog post, you need to understand how best to maximize your efforts on Instagram for leveraged results.
Here are some ways to use Instagram for business and position your company in the best possible light.
1. Make the most of your bio. Choose a user name that is part of your brand. You want to keep the same image across social networks if you can. And, while you want to make sure that followers know how to find you via multiple channels, take care not to frequently cross post the same content. People follow you on multiple channels to get multiple experiences.
2. Use a mix of images. Of course you want to post images that relate to your business, but this is your opportunity to be more of what I call… “strategically spontaneous.” It also allows you to literally put a face on your business. And people buy from other people, not businesses. Your best differentiator from competitors is WHO you are. Got a messy desk? Share it with a #TGIF hashtag. Monday, share a photo of your desk all cleaned up and ready for action. Mix in quotes, anecdotes, holiday or seasonal messages. Keep it fresh and ever changing, but be strategic with what you show in your feed. There’s a difference between what you want to share that you consider private vs. sharing 5-6 more personal sides of you and your business that align with your audience and its values.
3. Use filters on your photos. Instagram comes with a bunch of fun filters to add personality to your images. Use a variety of them to add that playful, informal vibe to your feed. Of course it’s easy to get carried away, so remember that just because you CAN alter a photo doesn’t mean you should. Use it when it adds something of interest — and not on every one. There’s been a #nofilter trend for awhile so be judicious with your filters and make sure they integrate with your overall brand, feel and tone of your business.
4. Make use of fun hashtags. When there’s something going on like #FF or TBT, make sure your brand participates. It’s another great way to show your personality and be part of the bigger Instagram community. You can also be a player in business-related conversations by making use of industry-related hashtags.
Even though there really aren’t a lot of creative limitations, yet, on Instagram, remember that the basic rules of ANY social network still apply, especially for business. Here are the top three:
1. Stay social. Follow, comment, and interact. The same rules apply as on other social media. The best way to build a following is to engage and work on developing relationships and community.
2. Use SEO. Make sure that your brand description includes your key words, and your website. Don’t forget that hashtags are another form of SEO.
3. Time your posts. This means not only choosing the time when your customer is most active, but having a regular, consistent strategy for when you post.
Sounds simple? It is. But simple isn’t always easy. Just because you know the “how” doesn’t mean you know the “why” or “who” to make it worthwhile. It comes down to knowing who your ideal client is, and the best techniques to attract and convert them.
Need help putting your Instagram account on the fast track to success?
Let’s chat for 5-10 minutes to see how I can help you grow your business on Instagram and create your own Instagram Client Attraction magnet tailored to your specific business. Call me today at 1-858-859-1411 or email me at email@example.com to set up a time to chat that will work best with your schedule.
With the right strategy, now may be the perfect time for you to leverage Instagram take your business to new heights. Don’t miss this window of opportunity to power up your profits.